When Spring is in the air, we think of cleaning the house. That includes maintaining your appliances. Does this chore seem like a bore? We’re here with some tips to make cleaning your appliances easier and less time-consuming.
- Mop up after pulling out the refrigerator.
- Vacuum the coils behind or beneath the refrigerator.
- Wipe gaskets with warm, soapy water; rinse and then dry.
- Use a 50-50 solution of white vinegar and water to clean and shine the inside and outside of the refrigerator.
- Wipe down shelves and crispers.
- Fill the sink with hot, soapy water. Soak the burners, knobs, and hood vents for a couple hours, and then scrub.
- Use steel wool to clean stained metal drip plates.
- Use the sofa attachment on the vacuum to clean crumbs that have fallen in cracks between the stovetop and counter.
Washer and Dryer:
- Empty the lint filter of your dryer.
- To remove dirt, run white vinegar in the warm cycle.
- Pour three tablespoons of Borax inside; after waiting an hour, pour hot water down the chamber.
- Check the drain in the bottom of the machine for debris.
- Wipe the gaskets around the door to ensure a tight seal.
- To kill fungi, put a shallow dish of vinegar on the top rack of your dishwasher and run it while empty for a full cycle.
We carry a full line of appliance cleaners at our parts store located at 320 W. Alexis Road in Toledo, Ohio. Take the time to care for your appliances. Unlike spring cleaning your house, this maintenance does not take a lot of time and can extend the life of the appliance. Contact us today.